In this post, I will explore Bami Goreng Vs Nasi Goreng, some popular Indonesian dishes that are currently found in many parts of the world. This is to help you understand the differences and similarities that exist among these recipes so you don’t have to confuse them.
The typical difference between them is that Bami Goreng is prepared with noodles while Nasi Goreng is prepared with leftover rice. Nevertheless, both dishes; whether rice or noodles are stir-fried in meat, vegetables, and eggs.
Some people also call them Mie goreng and Bakmi Goreng. Let’s compare them in detail;
Comparing Bami Goreng Vs. Nasi Goreng
- They are both made with stir-fried vegetables, meat, and eggs, but Nasi Goreng’s primary ingredient is rice, while Bami Goreng is noodles.
- Bami Goreng often contains less chili than Nasi Goreng
- Nasi Goreng has less garlic than Bami Goreng
- Both are seasoned with soy sauce and other spices
- Nasi Goreng is often served with an egg on top while Bami Goreng is not
- Bami Goreng often contains more vegetables than Nasi Goreng
- Nasi Goreng often contains less sweet soy sauce than Bami Goreng
- Bami Goreng usually has more vegetables than Nasi Goreng
- Nasi Goreng will often have shrimp paste, while Bami Goren will not
Bami Goreng Vs Nasi Goreng Comparison Table
|Bami Goreng||Nasi Goreng|
|Made with noodles||Made with leftover rice|
|It’s not served with an egg on top||It’s mostly served with an egg on top|
|Contains more vegetables||Contains less vegetables|
|Contain more meat||Contains less meat|
|Contains less chili||Contains more chili|
|It has more sweet soy sauce||It has less sweet soy sauce|
|It often made with shrimp paste||It’s not made with shrimp paste|
|Will often contain more garlic||Contain less garlic|
FAQs About Nasi and Bami Goreng
- What to substitute meat with in Bami and Nasi Goreng?
If you are a vegan, or you simply want to some change, you can substitute meat with crispy tofu, vegan ground beef, vegan fried eggs, or other protein alternatives. You can also use legumes such as chickpeas or other beans.
- What Vegetable are best for Bami and Nasi Goreng?
You can use vegetables such as mushrooms, bell peppers, green beans, and bell peppers. For a quicker option, go for a frozen veggie mix.
- How long to prepare Bami Goreng and Nasi Goreng?
Both Bami and Nasi Goreng take about 30 minutes to prepare and cook. You can also prepare beforehand and freeze for up to 2 months.
While there is a difference in the ingredients of Bami Goreng and Nasi Goreng, the preparation method is the same.
Moreover, it takes a maximum of 30 minutes to have both dishes ready; whether it’s leftover rice for Nasi or noodles for Bami, just stir-fry with vegetables, meat, and eggs seasoned with soy sauce and spices of your choice.
Read more on our blog: